Smart entrepreneurs and business leaders know that a top priority is prevention of data loss. Recovery of sensitive client and financial data after a loss may be impossible unless you’ve prepared for the possibility. And it doesn’t always take a major disaster to wipe out a business. Sometimes, the cause can be as simple as a spilled cup of coffee.
Top causes of data loss, recovery specialists say, are:
- Hard drive crashes – One happens every 15 seconds and one in five is fatal
- Theft – 2,000 laptops are stolen or lost every day
- Human error accounts for 32% of data loss
- Disasters, including natural disasters and unnatural ones (fires, flooding from water main breaks, etc.) account for 31% of PC users’ data loss
- Failure of a portable hard drive – 25%
- Mechanical failures (often caused by that early morning latte tipping over) – 44%
Unfortunately, a full 40% of small and medium sized businesses don’t back up their data at all. Don’t be one of them. You’ve worked hard to build your company and make it a success. Now, safeguard your business against data loss. Recovery is assured with data protection products by Skadoit, including our BackupCloud, DigiClone, SafeMobile, SecurityGuard and ContinuityCloud. Contact us at Telephone: (877) 280-8989 or via our online email form and talk with a data protection specialist today.